Saturday, January 15, 2011

In Loving Memory of Herman Myers


It has taken me a while to be able to write this note to tell everyone at BHRA about the loss of Herman. I adopted him 3 years ago. He was brought to BHRA from Pensacola, where his owner had died. Knowing he still had good years ahead of him, the BHRA convinced the family not to euthanize Herman. I am so thankful for that decision. The years my boys and I had with Herman were too short, but so wonderful. Everyone loved him and he was one of those dogs who just had a personality that filled the room. he never had a bad day. He was full of joy and I loved him with all of my heart. One morning he woke up paralyzed in his back legs. It was completely unexpected. The vets tried to treat him, but he just got worse and began to suffer pain. We had to let him go December 5, 2010. I miss Herman everyday. His face was the first thing I saw every day when I got home. He was just my heart, and I don't think I'll ever get over losing him. he was the best dog I've ever had.

--Vicki, Shannon and Patrick Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment